menu

4.08.2013

Turning Child’s Play into Home Decor





 Isn't it amazing what you can do with paint! My daughter and I came up with a great way to transform those child’s alphabet magnets into adorable decorations for the refrigerator in her apartment. But it didn't stop there…




We also made cute pink and sliver magnets as a gift for one of her sorority sisters. She gave it to her with a magnetized dry erase board. I can imagine how cute it will be hanging in her dorm room!


We purchased these letters at Walmart for $1.00 a package.


Then we laid them out to paint. Of course, we had to have a little fun with them first! 


We found out real fast that Krylon paint worked best. Some of the other brands of spray paint just beaded up on them.




After they dry, we hand painted some with polka dots


and some with stripes


We decided to leave plain. I love this color blue!


Featured with
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I love how you have jazzed up these plain magnetic letters with just a couple of steps. You sure did make them pop and I must say you make me actually want to play with them.


    http://farmerswiferambles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from the Show Off Your Stuff Party. My Family-Focused Monday hop is live now and I would love to see one of your awesome posts linked up @ www.mondaykidcorner.blogspot.com.

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out so cute. I love the shade of blue and the polka dots and stripes are so fun. All the girls in the dorm will love them! Thanks for sharing them with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. In love with your project! Featuring tonight on a crafty soiree http://yesterdayontuesday.com xo

    ReplyDelete

09 10